Following the meeting held on Wednesday 13th September 2017, the new office bearers elected for T.A.G – ‘Together at Gourdon’ 2017-2018 are as follows:-
Chairperson – Mrs Megyn Van Gijssel
Vice Chairperson – Mrs Sarah Shakespeare
Secretary – Mrs Vanessa Dorward
Treasurer – Mrs Sandra Hallett
The Scottish schools (Parental Involvement) art 2006 gives parents the right to receive information about their children’s education and to be represented and have their views expressed through the Parent Council.
Our Parent Council is called ‘Together at Gourdon’ – T.A.G.
The main functions of the group are to
- Support the school in its work with pupils and parents
- Represent the views of parents
- Promote contact and communication between the school, parents, pupils, the community, nursery and other providers
- Report to the Parent Forum (at Gourdon this means all parents).
- Regular pink newsletters are sent home with the children as well as details of fundraisers, meetings etc.
For further information about Gourdon School T.A.G. Group, please contact any of the office bearers or Gourdon School.
The next meeting for Halloween party plans – Tuesday 3rd October @ 7.00pm